Sonoma Valley Hospital’s Occupational Health Department provides prompt access to medical treatment for a wide variety of employers who have personnel with work-related injuries. We offer a full complement of examinations and testing tailored to meet your needs. Our staff is practiced at negotiating the complex maze of worker’s compensation forms and approval processes. Translation is available for non English-speaking patients.
The Occupational Health Department is open Monday through Friday, 8 am through 5 pm. The department is closed between 12 noon and 1 pm.
After-hours injuries and illness that require treatment in the Emergency Department can be followed up on in Occupational Health.
Features of the Occupational Health Program:
- One-call access for the treatment of on-the-job injuries and illnesses
- Reduced wait and expense of the Emergency Department (in cases that do not require an ER level of care)
- Focus on a timely return to work with light duty, designed to reduce time loss and facilitate patients’ return to normal life
- First Aid
- Follow-up care
- Specialist referral, when needed
- Rehabilitation services, both in-house and off-site, designed to treat symptoms and reduce recurrence
- Worksite assessments performed by an occupational therapist, designed to reduce future injuries
- Physical capacity evaluations
- Physical examinations, including:
- Annual and biannual physicals
- Asbestos and hazardous material exposure surveillance exams
- DOT/DMV commercial drivers medical examination
- Drug testing and breath alcohol testing (DOT and non-DOT)
- Audiograms; pre-hire and as part of hearing conservation programs
- Pulmonary function testing and respiratory examinations with a review of respiratory history questionnaires; meeting the OSHA/ NIOSH requirements. Available in-house and on-site.
- Travel medicine, for occupational travelers and the general public, Adult vaccinations, including Hepatitis B immunization for police, fire and medical personnel and other first responders
- Off-site flu vaccination and tuberculosis testing clinics
- Medical Surveillance Testing, including cholinesterase and lead
Medical Director – Thomas Sprinkle, MD, Medical Director of Occupational Medicine
Nurse Practitioners – Nancy Latimer, NP and Regina Powers, FNP
Physician’s Assistant – Patricia Stillman, PA
Chief of Ancillary Services – Dawn Kuwahara, RN, BSN