Integrative Medicine is a multidisciplinary approach committed to the patient’s and community’s health and wellness.
Our focus is on the whole person with the patient as the healer of mind, body and spirit. It is through this unique partnership with a team of physicians and practitioners that the patient can maximize the body’s innate healing potential, and together with their health care team, navigate their way back to health.
The principles of integrative medicine:
- A partnership between patient and practitioners in the healing process.
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s healing response.
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease including mind, spirit, body and one’s larger community.
- Use of natural, less invasive interventions whenever possible.
- Recognition that good medicine should be based on good science, be inquiry driven and open to new paradigms.